Monday, August 08, 2005

 

Cyprus Atlantis Expedition

_________________________________________________________________

Discovery of Atlantis
Press Release
August, 2005


Assorted scans and information of the Atlantis wall.

NEW IMAGES, FINALLY RELEASED ON INTERNET TODAY, SHOW MAN-MADE STRUCTURES 1.5 km (4,900 ft) BELOW SEA LEVEL, OFF CYPRUS COAST

ATLANTIS LIVE UNDERWATER ‘DISCOVERY’ TO BE FILMED FOR $5 MILLION WORLDWIDE TV SPECIAL IN 2006 BY TMC ENTERTAINMENT.

International TV networks in Europe and the US are already scrambling for the presales of a planned $5 million American-made live ‘Discovery of Atlantis’ TV special, following the initial release today of the first few much-awaited underwater side-scan sonar images of structures 1.5km below sea level, 80km off the SE coast of Cyprus in the eastern Mediterranean.

Published today to the world press and scientific community on the official Cyprus Atlantis Expedition website, www.discoveryofatlantis.com, triumphant expedition leader American Robert Sarmast is confident the newly released images (which include a 3km-long straight wall intersected at right angles by another wall) will finally silence any remaining scepticism about his long-standing claims that modern Cyprus is what remains of a much larger and now partly sunken landmass – a landmass which fits Plato’s description of the ancient land of Atlantis perfectly.

Not only has the new image release now gained a major international TV contract with TMC Entertainment (Los Angeles/USA) to produce a 2-hour live TV special of the final expedition and filming of the structures in May next year, but they have now so impressed the officials of the Cyprus Tourism Organization (CTO) of the government of Cyprus that they are now giving the project full support. In addition, the scientific community has as yet been unable to provide any convincing explanation as to how the image structures could be produced by natural means.

At a Nicosia press conference, expedition leader Robert Sarmast yesterday presented the images to the media and explained the next steps leading to the second and main underwater expedition and TV special. To be fronted by Emmy Award- winning producer Drew S. Levin (Executive Producer of Walking the Bible and Future Quest), with computer graphics, this TV special will enable viewers worldwide to participate in the thrill of discovery as they watch, live on their own TV screens, as manned submarines film underwater ROV submersibles blasting sediment off the buried structures - revealing the full detail of what has lain hidden for probably more than 12,000 years.

Says Mr. Levin from TMC Entertainment: “We are absolutely thrilled to be associated with what may in fact be the greatest archaeological discovery of modern times. All the indications are that Robert and his team of highly credentialed researchers have indeed found the acropolis of the lost Atlantis, as described so precisely in Plato’s ancient writings.”

The first expedition took place in November 2004 in association with Phoenix International, who were involved with the filming of the wreckage of the actual Titanic. Phoenix, along with other international experts, are set to take part in the main expedition in May next year. Mr. Sarmast’s 12 years of research draws upon the theory that the city of Atlantis was submerged when a massive flood swept through the Mediterranean when the Atlantic Ocean burst through the previously closed straights of Gibraltar. Says the American-Iranian researcher: “These images are showing what I believe to be the oldest man-made structures ever seen by human eyes – old enough to make the great pyramids of Egypt seem like modern buildings in comparison.” Now, at least 12,000 years later, we may soon be the first generation to see a live discovery of the remains of what was destroyed so many years ago.


____
www.dofundodomar.blogspot.com

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?